Hurry! The deadline is November 1, 2020 to apply for Digitization Grants 2021
If your genealogical society, historical society, historical records repository, or archive has records to digitize but the money just isn’t in the budget, consider applying for a Kentucky Genealogical Society Digitization Grant. Get details and print the application form today. Apply by Nov. 1!
Now Online: Fall Issue of Bluegrass Roots
In this issue:
• McFarland wins national award
• Researching pre-1850 census records
• Kentucky's Civil War forts and camps
• Salute to KGS volunteers
• and more!
Available on this site to all KGS members. Just sign in and find the Bluegrass Roots link under "Members Only."
Discovering Your Bluegrass Roots in Kentucky Recordings Now Available
The Kentucky Genealogical Society is pleased to present this series recorded throughout the month of August 2020.
Your registration includes access to all eight program recordings delivered virtually for the low price of $20 for members and $30 for non-members for the entire series. Attend them all or attend only the programs that interest you most. The choice is yours. We are keeping the registration pricing low so as many researchers as possible can access this series. This is a non-refundable purchase.
To learn more about each speaker, click their name for biographical information.
2. Researching at the County and Local Level in Kentucky with Dave Schroeder;
4. Kentucky Genealogy Brick Wall Brainstorm;
5. Ten Things A Genealogist Should Do Before Leaving a Library or Archives in Kentucky with Melissa Barker;
7. Discovering African Americans in Kentucky Records Prior to 1870 with Cynthia Maharrey;
This is a non-refundable offering. Click the Member or Non-Member link below to register now.
Save the Date Oct. 17, 2020
Louisville Genealogical Online Family History Seminar
Watch from home!!
Mark Your Calendar
Saturday, 17 October, 2020
Nationally Known Speaker
- German Immigrant Waves:Contrasts and Sources
- Tackling the “Born in Pennsylvania" Problem
- Letterpress to Digital: Using Historical Newspapers in Print, Microfilm, Online
- Finding a German Heimat (Home Village) Online
Kentucky Genealogical Society
PO Box 153
Frankfort, Kentucky 40602
Last Updated 10 October 2020