Discover the rich heritage and captivating history of the Bluegrass State as we delve into the remarkable journey of Kentucky from being the wild west to becoming a melting pot of diverse cultures and influences. At this enlightening virtual seminar, esteemed speakers will unravel the fascinating stories of immigration, settlement, and then the pursuit of the wild west frontier.
Experience an extraordinary exploration of Kentucky’s history and migration stories with these esteemed speakers at the Kentucky Genealogical Society’s Summer Seminar. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to uncover the captivating legacy of Kentucky: Daughter of the East, Mother of the West!
- Tue, Aug 1 50th Anniversary Seminar Kick-Off and Board Open House
- Mon, Aug 7 Researching California with Sheila Benedict
- Tue, Aug 8 Researching North Carolina with David McCorkle
- Wed, Aug 9 Researching Texas with Jeri Steele
- Mon, Aug 14 Researching Virginia (Germanna) with Cathi Clore Frost and Barbara Price
- Tue, Aug 15 Researching Pennsylvania with Kate Townsend
- Wed, Aug 16 Researching Immigrants to Kentucky with Rusty Heckaman
- Tue, Aug 22 Discovering African Americans in Kentucky Records: Finding the Last Slave Holder with Cynthia Maharrey
- Tue, Aug 29 Researching Illinois and Wisconsin with Maureen Brady
- Wed, Aug 30 Researching Michigan with Kris Rzepczynki
All events are virtual and start at 7 PM ET.
Don’t worry if you miss an event, it will be available for 30 days after the seminar ends.
Members – $30Members Registration $30
Non-Members – $100
If you join before registering ($20 year), you can register at the member cost of $30. See our membership benefits and join here.Seminar Only Registration $100