Wills and Ways: Miscellaneous Kentucky Records
One of the first publications of the Kentucky Genealogical Society was the Wills and Ways: Miscellaneous Kentucky Records book. This 108-page book features multiple family records of over 500 Kentucky families. The index of names is six-pages long. The society published the book in 1975.
The booklet is available to Kentucky Genealogical Society members at our Member Portal.
Since this project was a new task for the young group, there were several leaders who worked to make it possible.
- Kenneth D. Singleton, Jr.
- Mrs. Roud Smith
- Mrs. James F. Graves
- Victor Waits
- Mrs. Kirby Fint, Jr.
Highlights of the Book
The book highlights the following items:
- Wills and Last Testaments from various men
- Vital records from Family Bibles
- Excerpts from the Kentucke Gazette 1787-92
- Listing of the Georgetown Cemetery
- Partial List of Franklin, Henry, Fleming, and Scott County Marriage Records