Our grassroots non-profit organization is seeking a Newsletter Editor to oversee the weekly membership newsletter. The Newsletter Editor will work closely with the volunteer communications director and other volunteers to develop and implement programs that advance the organization’s mission and goals. The editor’s job is to edit and proofread newsletters for grammar, spelling, style, and punctuation and ensure they are delivered on schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Edit and proofread newsletters
- Distribute newsletter on a regular basis
- Maintain an up-to-date list of subscribers with MailChimp
- Write newsletter content when necessary
- Organize layout and select photos and graphics for newsletters
- Excellent editing skills and ability to adapt to our style guidelines
- Some familiarity with email marketing services, such as MailChimp
- Working knowledge of Google Docs or MS Word
- Member of Kentucky Genealogical Society
This is a part-time, volunteer position. Expected time commitment is 5 hours per month.
Contact us for more information.