If you live in Kentucky, have Kentucky ancestors, or just have an interest in family history, you’re invited to join the Kentucky Genealogical Society! KGS specializes in Kentucky roots and also supports the pursuit of genealogy no matter where those roots may lead. Whether you are just starting out in your journey or are so experienced that librarians and records clerks know you by name, KGS offers you resources and support. Click on the Events and Publications tabs for details. By joining, you will have access to all KGS member benefits. Your membership will support existing KGS programs and lead to new ones that can benefit researchers at all levels. Please remember that we are an all-volunteer organization. Allow 48 hours for the confirmaton email and password.
Join or renew online (using PayPal) or print and mail your application.
If using the mail option, send printed application and check to:
Kentucky Genealogical Society
PO Box 153
Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
Levels of Membership:
KGS offers three levels of membership. Dues are annual, and your membership year runs for 12 months from the date you join.
Benefits of membership include:
- $20 — Individual
- $25 — Individual Contributing (Additional $5 goes to the KGS library fund, which the society uses to help the Kentucky Historical Society add to the holdings in the Martin F. Schmidt Research Library.)
- $30 — Household (Two people living at the same physical address; other persons living at that address may be included by adding $10 for each additional person.)
- $35 (or full Household Membership fee plus $5 if more than 2 persons included) — Household Contributing (Additional $5 goes to the KGS library fund, which the society uses to help the Kentucky Historical Society add to the holdings in the Martin F. Schmidt Research Library.)
- $15 — Institutional Member (for genealogical and historical societies, libraries and museums)
- Quarterly journal “Bluegrass Roots,” now published electronically and available in PDF form to KGS members
- Discount registration for the KGS Annual Seminar held the first Saturday in August featuring a nationally recognized speaker
- Discount on back issues of Bluegrass Roots
Last update: 12 Oct 2015