If you live in Kentucky, have Kentucky ancestors, or just have an interest in family history, you’re invited to join the Kentucky Genealogical Society! Our community focuses on Kentucky roots and also supports the pursuit of genealogy no matter where those roots may lead. Whether you are just starting out in your journey or are so experienced that librarians and records clerks know you by name, KGS offers you resources and support. Click on the Events and Publications tabs for details.
By joining, you will have access to all member benefits. Your membership will support existing programs and lead to new ones that can benefit researchers at all levels.
Join or renew online using PayPal or print and mail your application.
If joining online:
Remember that while the process is automated for you, it requires that a volunteer manually enter your membership into a database before you can receive a log-in name and password for full access to the members-only benefits on the website. Please allow up to 48 hours for your membership confirmation and log-in information to arrive by email.
If using the mail option, click "Join or Renew by Mail," print and fill out the application, and mail it with a check to:
Kentucky Genealogical Society
PO Box 153
Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
Levels of Membership:
KGS offers three levels of membership. Dues are annual, and your membership year runs for 12 months from the date you join.
Benefits of membership include:
- $20 — Individual
- $25 — Individual Contributing (Additional $5 goes to the digitization grant fund, which the society uses to help digitize records for access by member researchers.)
- $30 — Household (Two people living at the same physical address; other persons living at that address may be included by adding $10 for each additional person.)
- $35 (or full Household Membership fee plus $5 if more than 2 persons included) — Household Contributing (Additional $5 goes to the digitzation grant fund, which the society uses to help digitize records for access by member researchers.)
- $15 — Institutional Member (for genealogical and historical societies, libraries and museums)
- Free admission to genealogy programs
- Access to members-only resources on the website, including pre-statehood and early statehood tax list images and dozens of on-demand pre-recorded genealogy program videos
- Access to the digital quarterly journal Bluegrass Roots and the entire archive of the publication since 1974
- Discounted registration for seminars
- Virtual volunteer opportunities: become an active community participant and advance Kentucky genealogy
Last update: 22 July 2020